Friday 28 May 2010

A bit of rest and recuperation....


As you know from my previous posts I am working on my PhD novel at the moment. Well having filled the holes I found yesterday I have decided to take a bit of a rest from teenage stresses and sex, drugs and alcohol! My plan is that I am going to use this glorious weekend to finish a first draft of another novel I am working on. It is my escape it is a bit of soft fantasy for 9-12 year olds.

So I am going from writing my PhD novel, entitled The Other (working title) which has the following very brief synopsis:

The Other is about four teenagers on a history school trip to Normandy. Between meeting a WW2 veteran and saving a girl from Afghanistan who is being used in the sex trade they find that by exploring the past, they can understand the present and live for the future.

To writing The Book Protectors' Daughter, with the following brief synopsis:

Alice has no idea how strange the night is going to get when she wakes up with a pixie’s finger up her nose and a goblin pinching her ear. Then she discovers that her missing parents are not the ordinary people she thought they were but in fact Book Protectors. Now their boss has been kidnapped by Trojan, an evil computer virus out to stop people reading stories. And worst of all, everyone expects Alice to sort out the mess. They think she can step into books and become part of the story. It is going to be a long night!

I will keep you posted. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment