Tuesday 23 February 2010

Chaos and connections



I have had one of those days. I started off doing a 'to do' list which was quite disturbing in itself as it was very long and all needed to be done in a very short space of time. I have to say there was enough there to make me want to sit in a dark corner and weep - 'I can't do it.' And then more kept coming in and with deadlines that were just as tight and required so much research- aargh.
However having kicked a few desks and screamed loudly that I can't do this as well, plus various other things that cannot be put here. I sat down, added to my 'to do' list which was very depressing and then slowly worked my way through it. I am going to be working some very long hours for the next few days and be very grey and tired by Friday But I began to see connections in the things I was doing. I could see links and opportunities to prove my point in the various bids, research, lecture prep, RIT prep, supervision, marking and oh yes....my PhD.
This blog will be quiet for a few days as I have other things to do...will let you know how the lecture goes. Harrumph

No comments:

Post a Comment