Saturday 24 April 2010

Freedom


I have just had the most wonderful day and the type of day I never thought I would be able to achieve. I have just written for ten solid hours on my novel. No interruptions, no clock watching, just writing. And it was absolute bliss. It was easy to become totally involved in the story and it could take me where ever it wanted to. I had the time to dedicate to it and to listen to what the story wanted to do.
I rewrote one chapter and wrote a totally new chapter. I am not saying that everything I wrote today is brilliant. I am sure I will need to edit, but it was that chance to just let the words flow out of the end of your fingers. It is a rare opportunity and one that needs to be savoured like a beautiful bottle of wine, full of flavour and life.
I also felt like a writer today. I wasn't trying to fit my writing in around a million other things. I could dedicate all my time to one activity. It has probably been one of the most satisfying days of my life. If someone had asked me what I did - today I would have answered - I am a writer!

2 comments: