Tuesday 30 March 2010

Remembering


As we know things may happen in a day, a moment of laughter, a piece of music, a beautiful sky or even a tidy desk and they can remind you of the person you are or were. Flashes of memory and flickers of desire float through your thoughts unknown to others and undisclosed unless revealed. They are private and personal. They are yours and yours alone. Even if you do share them the other person still won't have the same feelings as you as they will bring their own cultural moment to their understanding.

When you are busy it is easy to forget things, even the things that were important to you. I may have been guilty of that but then there are have a few moments recently which have reminded me of some of my desires. My love of art, my love of minimalism. (A distant memory was arguing with James Martin about the merits of sticks in interior design - I loved them, he hated them and it was before he was where he is now. It was a time when we would sit and have coffee outside the deli. They were perfect moments as my mum was well and very happy). Most importantly (and possibly rather vomit inducing) my love for life and friends. Several people have helped me with this and they know who they are and I hope they know how grateful I am.

I am going for radical exoticism now....explanation later when I have formulated my theory properly. But it is a good one.

This will be a piece of art that I truly love, as it makes me smile inside and out. It is a dancing sculpture or dad dancing....whichever way you look at it, it's brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment