Thursday 21 March 2013

Here comes the sun....PLEASE

This is what I want to be doing
I have had enough - that's it I've said it. I am so tired of the cold and the greyness. Yesterday was Spring Equinox yet the winter still seems be holding us in its tight grip. But I know I am not the only one. Everyone is feeling the same and it just reinforces the end of semester exhaustion.

A little bit of sunshine makes such a difference. A couple of weeks ago we had a glorious day (just the one) and I noticed everyone was smiling. They were all walking along with a bounce in their step and it made me realise how much weather can affect how you feel and how you treat others. Everyone was so happy. And words were written.

Don't get me wrong I am perfectly aware that come the summer (if it ever comes that is) we will be moaning that it is too hot. We are British after all and never satisfied.

This current greyness and cold seems to suck the life out of you and your creativity. Trying to write when you are so cold is difficult if not impossible. I end up writing fully clothed in my bed, with a hat on. Great image eh?

The picture above is entitled 'A man reading in the garden' by Daumier and a copy of which I was given for my birthday by a good friend. It is framed and waiting to be hung and it is my inspiration that the sunshine will come back. The trees will burst forth and the words will flow again, people will smile and there will be life giving light.

Even Rumi seemed to feel the same about winter...


My worst habit is I get so tired of winter 
I become a torture to those I’m with.
If you’re not here, nothing grows. 
I lack clarity. My words 
tangle and knot up.


Therefore, it had to be this song, it is an open prayer to the weather gods as far as I am concerned PLEASE LET US HAVE SOME SUNSHINE AND WARMTH:

3 comments:

  1. We have no influence. It's snowing outside my window. Ah well. At least snow is photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love looking at snow when I don't have to go anywhere and I am not cold. You can take some amazing photos. We are lucky, so far and touch wood, we have had no snow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work as thus described (hat, bed, laptop) when it's cold too. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete